I often hear women complain their hair doesn’t grow. I’m here to tell you, that unless you have some extreme medical condition your hair most definitely does grow! However, it may be that your hair is breaking off before you get any real length making it appear as if your hair never gets any longer.
Here are 10 ways to help promote healthy hair growth:
- Avoid over-processing hair with chemicals (for example don’t double bleach or overlap bleached sections)
- Avoid tying hair bands too tight
- Avoid tying hair bands in the same position every day (put your ponytail at different heights so your hair gets a break)
- When removing your hair band unwind it rather than pull it straight out
- Use hair bands with no metal connector
- Protect hair from harmful environmental factors (air conditioning, pollution, chlorine/saltwater etc) with a product like Angel Magic Moisture
- Use a detangler DAILY before brushing hair (Angel Magic Moisture)
- Ensure you have a healthy hair diet that includes protein & essential fatty acids or take hair/nail supplements
- Massage your scalp gently and regularly
- Shampoo once or twice a week if you can. If you normally shampoo daily cut it back to every second day at least.
It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen!